Our organisation’s mission is to promote the removal of disabling barriers from society and further the human and civil rights of disabled people.
This mission has been translated into 5 strategic aims:
- To empower individual disabled people to achieve independent living and realise their full socio-economic potential in society;
- To facilitate volunteering and peer support opportunities for disabled people;
- To influence the community, statutory organisations, voluntary organisations and businesses to remove barriers for disabled people;
- To continually work to embed good practice in the organisation.
- To work strategically to end all forms of hate crime and oppression
Update: Feb 2021DENW Strategic Plan 2018-22 Final v2 Feb 21