We celebrated the success of our Hate Crime project, which reached more than 10,000 people, at a fun event on 19th January. (see gallery for some of the pictures). The Developing from the Negatives (dfn) project was funded for 3 years by the National Lottery until 31st Jan 2018. Here are some the things it achieved:
- 190 reports of Hate Crime
- 320 Disabled people trained in hate crime awareness
- 480 non -disabled people trained in hate crime awareness
- We recruited 75 volunteers, 36 of whom are still active at the end of the project
- Volunteers reported increased happiness, confidence and skills
- Our campaigns and awareness e vents reached over 10,000 people
Disability Equality NW’s commitment to tackling hate crime began in 2007 and will continue beyond the lifetime of this project, through our Hate Crime caseworkers and as Lancashire’s first kite marked third party reporting centre for hate crime.
We will be holding a hate crime conference on 15th Feb to explore how to take this work forward, Look out for details
A huge thank you to all of the staff and volunteers who made the project successful to all the victims of hate crime who came forward to report what had happened to them and to the Lottery for the funding.